Friday, January 09, 2009

Staying Warm

One of the best gifts I got this season came weeks before Christmas. My wonderful husband made these for me to survive the cold winter nights:

A little background for you: Before we lived in Lithuania, I used to own a very nice bean bag type thing made by Bath & Body Works. I would heat it up every night before bed and it would keep me so warm and toasty. Matt's favorite thing about it was that eventually in the middle of the night I would let go of it and it became a "speed bump" between Matt and me. You see, I like to snuggle with Matt to stay warm, but he couldn't do this for too long cuz he'd get so hot. (tmi? :-) In my my sleepy state I thought the bean bag was Matt and I'd snuggle up. I'm happy. Matt's happy.

Soooo. . . since I no longer have my Bath & Body Works "Beanie" Matt gave me a couple of homemade ones. What a thoughtful guy!!

To make your own Beanie:

Buy some rice (flax seed works best but it's kinda spendy) and some cheap socks. Fill one of the socks about 2/3rds full of rice and tie a knot in the end of the sock. Then slide the rice filled sock into the second sock. Microwave for a couple of minutes, then put the sock in your bed a few minutes before you go to bed to get it all toasty warm. So nice! You can also put mix a few drops of aromatherapy oil into the rice before you put the rice in the socks for an extra spa-like experience. My fave is a couple drops of peppermint and a couple drops of eucalyptus. Aaahhh! So nice!

No comments: