Saturday, April 10, 2010


These are three very important ladies in my life: my sis, Lynn, my mom Hazel, and my baby girl.

Well, today happens to be a very special day - today is Lynn's birthday. So, I want to take this opportunity to say that I am so glad that the Lord gave her to me as my sis!

Growing up, Lynn and I were as different as two sisters could be. She was outgoing, athletic and full of life (while I was more reserved, shy and full of life in a quiet sort of way).

When I was learning to drive, my mom kept telling me, "Sharon, drive with confidence!" And when Lynn was learning to drive, mom told her, "Lynn. . . drive with caution."

When I was in high school I played volleyball. I was a setter and when up in the front row my coach would encourage me to go up for the block, saying "It's all psychological. The other team doesn't know that your fingers only go two inches above the net." When Lynn went to Multnomah for college she decided to go out for volleyball even though it wasn't her sport. (At that time they didn't have a basketball team.) Her nickname ended up being "The Wall" because she was pretty amazing at blocking the ball.

The funny thing is that even though Lynn and I are so different in so many ways, (really different temperaments), it feels like the older we get, the more similar we become! Our interests overlap a lot more now. Our styles are getting more and more similar. She is one of my favorite people to spend time with.

You know how they often say - you'll end up marrying someone like your mom or your dad? Well, I ended up marrying someone like my sister. Crazy huh?

Well, all that to say, Lynn I love you and I'm so thankful for you! I would not be who I am today if I did not have you for my sister!

3 comments:

Andrea's Adventures said...

So affirming! But wait, Lynn doesn't look Asian!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sharon! I could never choose a better sister! Now if only I could find my male version of you...who is quite a bit taller! ;-) Love ya!

willrodgers said...

Hi I am will rodgers in Kaunas Lithuaia I am trying to contact Kellie who was also a missionary here in 2008 Do you have an email?
God Bless