Tuesday, April 17, 2012

She's growing up!

I found her like this.
It didn't take me long to figure out where those black marks had come from
. . . my mascara.

So, I did what any good mom would do.
I scolded her for getting in to my make-up making sure she knew that my make-up was off limits for her.

And then I told her not to go anywhere . . .
. . . I needed to go get my camera.

Don't judge me.


The funny part was that she didn't know whether she should smile or not.
She had just gotten in trouble after all.

Finally she felt free enough to crack a timid smile.


After a couple of days of feeling like I was scolding her every time I turned around,
I decided we needed some good mom/daughter time.

So after I put Maia down for her nap, I pulled out my foot spa 
and treated Eliana to her first pedicure.
I think the smile on her face says it all.


Showing off her pretty toes.


This final shot was taken later that same day.  
I have to include it because it makes me laugh every time I remember this moment.

I was in another room and heard Eliana holler down the hall,
"Mom, is this for boobs?"

Not only had she found an eye mask given to us during a previous flight,
she had taken a great guess as to how it should be properly worn.


Yes, our little girl is growing up!

3 comments:

JudiandBob said...

What a sweetie! Hugs to you and prayers for your delivery and a healthy son!

Anna said...

Simply adorable!!!

Peter said...

love it. hudson did this when we lived in australia - think i blogged about it. Anyway i find it funny that she attempted to put it on her eyes - hudson chose to put it above his lips ;) love it!